I read an article recently that gave 3 reasons for businesses closing when the owner wants to retire:
- internet competition,
- lack of loyalty among younger customers,
- and owners not being able to find a buyer.
All of these reasons come back to one uncomfortable truth:
The average business owner has been watching the internet come roaring down the track for years and has made little to no effort to figure out how they could use the web to:
- improve their business operations and efficiency,
- increase customer loyalty,
- improve communications with customers,
- reach target markets they could have never dreamed of before,
- and adapt their business to survive.