21 little known things you can do with marketing automation
This article was originally written for LinkedIn Pulse.
[Bonus at end of post - download this list in a PDF.]
Most people think that automated marketing just means email marketing, but nothing could be further from the truth. To illustrate the difference, here are a few ways you could be using automated marketing right now.
- Show different content to different site visitors using dynamic content.
- Set up client onboarding to assist new clients in learning how best to work with you.
- Offer a case study or white paper to someone who's already downloaded a brochure.
- Integrate call tracking so your phone calls can be correlated with website visits.
- Familiarize retail customers with features of a major purchase.
- Remind a customer of an abandoned shopping cart to encourage checkout.
- Suggest site content or online store products based on the guest's activity on the site.
- Let clients sign up for webinars, and send them reminders leading up to the date and time.
- Send a coupon to someone who hasn't purchased in a while.
- Score leads and be notified by text or email when someone reaches a given threshold.
- Calculate ROI of both online & offline marketing campaigns to focus on what works and get rid of what doesn't.
- Track opportunities to monitor progress across deal stages in the sales process.
- Get a text message or email when someone visits your site using a specific link.
- Get a text message or email when a specific person visits an important page.
- Track lead activity on multiple websites with the same account.
- Create landing pages & traffic funnels to help drive leads and conversions.
- Integrate with your other marketing or operations systems using an API.
- Create forms with custom fields that match your needs.
- Sync data from 3rd party forms.
- A/B test content to determine which content gets best results.
- Automatically assign leads to sales people based on rules you establish.
This is just a peek into the types of things you can do with automated marketing. How are you using it?
Download this list in a PDF.