Here's our Baker's Dozen Project Compatability Checklist to help you decide whether you should go to the next step of applying to work with us.
Please be honest with yourself when considering each item.
We may be a good match if you:
- Know you need strategic advice, and actually want and will accept it.
- Want that advice based on real business experience, not on what somebody read in a book.
- Understand your website should be an integrated part of your business, not an online brochure.
- Are willing to be open-minded about online tools we may recommend.
- Realize the web can be transformative and want to capitalize on it, but know success won't be overnight.
- Understand that a website isn't “set it and forget it.”
- Aren't looking for an order taker, someone who just does what you say.
- Want to work with someone who will understand the big picture for your business.
- Want someone to help prepare you for the future.
- Want someone who'll ask questions you may not even know need asking.
- Will designate one person as a point of contact who can make executive decisions, or will commit to doing it yourself.
- Are willing to declare a realistic budget, meaning anywhere from $10k to $120k for a website, depending on your requirements (just like buying a house, differences that may seem small can increase costs significantly).
- Are willing to make the commitment of time and resources required to really make a difference in your business.
If you sincerely agree with each of the above points, there's a good chance we might be suited to work with each other. You can complete our Client Partner application to go to the next step.
If you don't agree with each of the above points, you're not a good fit for a custom project but we offer subscription-based services for smaller projects. Or, you could even create your own site through a service like Squarespace.